The International Tamil Language Foundation with the motto ENRICH THROUGH TAMIL strives to develop and maintain the traditions of Tamil language and culture in the United States and other nations. The Foundation is a tax exempt, not for profit, service organization with members and supporters throughout the world.
Our major projects include:
- Thirukkural translation & handbook on Tamil Heritage (completed)
- Revival of Classical Tamil music – Thirukkural Isai Malar – Kamathuppal (completed)
- Translation of Western Science Video tapes and books in Tamil (completed)
- Build Valluvar Learning Center in Temples consisting of a Reading room and Library (in progress)
- Culturescape of Tamils – A Bibliography and Publication of rare Tamil Manuscripts (future project)
- Tamil Vattam/Tamil circle (similar to British council & Alliance Francaise) (in progress)
- Compile a directory of Organizations spreading Kural Path (in progress)
- Distribution of Tamil carnatic music self study course with 3 instructional booklets (grade 1 through 3) along with taped lessons created by Thiru.N.C.Naidoo of Durban, South Africa (medium of instruction in Tamil and English) (currently active)
On the social front International Tamil Language Foundation involves in a yearly program “An evening with Tamils” exhibiting Tamil literature, art and culture, to bring in Americans and the budding generation of Tamils to understand the culture and values of the Tamils. In addition, the Foundation feeds the homeless and less fortunate in the during Tamil festivals (Pongal and Tamil New Year’s day).
All of these activities are funded and run by voluntary help, largely by the Tamils settled in different parts of the and around the world. Please contact us for more information or to assist in any of these projects.